Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First Impression of Android OS

The Android isn't the same as the iPhone. It's got a different philosophy behind it. You can use it like a touchscreen, or flip the keyboard out and use it like a sidekick with the keyboard and thumb roller.I like a hardware keyboard better than a touch-pad, but when the keyboard is retracted I can use the touchscreen to place a call.

However the real reason I really like the Android is because it is much easier to write software for it. You use regular Java, not Objective C. In my opinion its a lot easier to look at writing a Java app. I am not a big fan of Objective C, it just feels more clunky than Java. Maybe for C++ people Objective C is really easy and Java is complicated, but for me, I'm glad I don't have to write C++ for Android.

Unlike the Blackberry, the Android phone can charge off of a USB cable. Unlike the iPhone you don't need a special application like iTunes to manage files and music. You can just dump files in like its a regular USB disk.

These are just a few of the many features that Android provides for the user, but dont let me tell you all about it, go out there and experiment this wonderful OS by yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment